Hi,

I just did it and I followed the instruction on

http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black

and then you can patch the whole with

https://github.com/SaadAhmad/beaglebone-black-cpp-PWM

and

https://github.com/Teknoman117/beaglebot/tree/master/encoders/patches

It should be straightforward BUT please note that you should read the Soc
Manual because the default settings Teknoman choose for the eQep not
necessarly will match what you will need (for example when do you want your
counts conter to reset?)