I have recently designed an I/O cape for the BBB, had a prototype run of PCBs
made, and built up two of them so far. The board has:
- 4 digital outputs (with LED indicators)
- 4 digital inputs (with LED indicators)
- 6 analogue inputs (somewhat configurable)
All the above are 5V tolerant but not optoisolated
- 12 more of the I/O pins are available on one header
- some of the special purpose lines available on another header (SPI, UART, etc)
- fitted with the specified EEPROM
- mix of surface mount and through hole - to make it easier to modify.

I have it working with a python driver and test program. Still trying to find
time to finish off the project I originally designed it for but also wondering
if there would be any interest out there for it.