Hi all,

I would communicate with an IHM by my BBB, the BBB is connected to my pc by
the USB client and i have a little electronic card containing 2 port COM
connected on my BBB by the USB host.

So i have see than the BBB is connected to the PC by the port COM13 and i
have make a little program for communicate with the IHM:

the program:

#include <iostream>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <termios.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <string.h>

int main()
{
    char buffer[8]= "";
    struct termios options;
    int fd,reception;
    std::string code = "";
    unsigned char nombre =0x01;
    char P1_Etat = 0x00;
    //char[] P1_Led new char[3]={ 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 };
    char c;
    fd=open("COM13",O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY| O_NDELAY);

    if(fd<0)
    {
        printf("problème port serie\n");
        exit(-1);
    }
    else
    {
        printf("port serie %d ouvert\n",fd);
        tcgetattr(fd,&options);
        cfsetospeed(&options, B9600);

    options.c_cflag |= (CLOCAL | CREAD);
    options.c_cflag &= ~PARENB;
    options.c_cflag &= ~CSTOPB;
    options.c_cflag &= ~CSIZE;
    options.c_cflag |= ~CS8;
    tcsetattr(fd, TCSANOW, &options);
    printf("fin de la configuration\n");
    /*if(code == "1222")
        printf("code bon\n");
    else
        printf("code pas bon\n");*/
    printf("envoie des données\n");
    if(write(fd,&nombre, 1)<0 )
        printf("erreur");
    printf("fin de l'envoie\n");
    fcntl(fd,F_SETFL,8);
    reception=read(fd,&buffer,100);
    printf("nb de caracteres lu: %s\n",reception,buffer);

    if(reception==-1)
        printf("erreur lecture port \n");

    printf("fin de la réception");
    }
    close(fd);
}

But if i connect or not the IHM i have always the message "problème port
serie" .

How i can solve this problem ? i need to change COM13 by the port COM of
the USB host? what is the number for the usb host?

Thank you

Valentin