Hi Sword,

I haven't got time to touch BBB recently. Most of my time devote to testing
of some other device. Frankly speaking BBB more or less having the least
stable USB with 3.8 kernel. There was a patch in this thread indeed helped
somehow but still it gives trouble when it want.

>From the first day we understand the USB is quite sensitive to current draw
or whatever, we have been using separate power from day 1 and have tested
using extension cord of more than 10m which didn't really cause much
difference IMHO. Sorry not able to provide much useful information, will
definitely revisit here when I got time to play with BBB again.

Meanwhile set mpurate indeed helped quite much with the old kernel. But
since the USB patch from kernel, I don't feel any substential difference by
applying it and what's more it seems sometimes ignore my setting >_<.

Regards,
Bai Shi