tl;dr After trying to get my BBB to update or boot from the microSD card, I
mistakenly attempted to remove the MLO file from the eMMC partition, thusly
bricking my device. I want to attempt to use the exposed eMMC pins in the
header to directly write to it and reimage the flash. Possible?

I have been trying for the past couple weeks to get my BBB to boot from the
uSD slot, doing a variety of button holds (boot, reset+boot, etc), using a
variety of power supplies (initially tried usb, upgraded to beefy 5V10A),
and a variety of images (Angstrom, Ubuntu, Debian, both flasher and boot).

After unsuccessfully getting it to boot into the uSD card, I attempted one
forum post which suggested renaming the MLO so that it would force it to
use the uSD. Unfortunately, that has not worked, and now I am left with a
brick. Debug serial is a dead line, and it will not boot to anything.

Before I give up on it completely, I want to try one more thing: using a
second micro, writing a hardware imaging script which will interface to the
eMMC directly, reflashing it back to a default state.

My questions are this:

  Will this interfere or cause problems with the processor?
  Is the eMMC locked by the processor, requiring the use of the password
bits to enable write mode?
  Before I start down this road, what are the means for booting from the
serial or USB connections?

-James