Hi,

I've been playing with BBB since a week and I'm quite happy generally.

I have some specific needs, did some google searches but couldn't find
anything useful so I decided to ask here.

1. I have a Python application that access and reads some data from a
HID device (Tested, works)
2. I need to simultaneously flicker 2 LEDs (15-16Hz, not much) through
GPIO using transistors
3. I may need to use the PRU for offloading the LED part if Python +
switching LEDs hog the CPU (Which was sometimes the case in Raspberry
Pi)
4. I don't need HDMI or any other physical capes.
5. (Problem*) I need scipy which needs BLAS and ATLAS. Those libraries
needs a fortran compiler but no fortran compiler is available in
angstrom repositories. Any suggestions?

Is this use-case OK for another distro with much more packages like
debian or ubuntu? Are they stable enough?

Thanks a lot.

--
Ozan Çağlayan
Research Assistant