Mark,
Near as I can tell, no one has done better than just file i/o via
/dev/i2c/...  This works, but doesn't seem to expose or take advantage of
the Invensense kernel driver functionality.  Plus it seems to be very
slow.  Jason Kridner was tackling it a couple weeks ago, but didn't report
any success.  I haven't made any progress either.
Seems we are stuck. I wish someone could figure out how to ping the author
at Invensense. I tried writing via thier support web page but didn't get a
reply.
Clark
On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:57:54 PM UTC-8, Mark A. Yoder wrote:

> Did anyone every get the inv-mpu6050 kernel driver to work?  I have the
> device on the i2c bus and I can read and write registers using
> *i2cset/i2cget*, but *modprobe inv-mpu605* doesn't make anything appear.
>
> --Mark
>
> On Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:51:04 AM UTC-4, clarkbr...@gmail.comwrote:
>>
>> Jason,
>> I apologize for taking so long to answer. It wasn't quick to figure out
>> which breakout board we had with the MPU6050 on it.  It is apparently a
>> Kootek®
>> Arduino GY-521 MPU-6050 Module from Amazon.
>> Itis wired:
>>
>> P9_1->Gnd
>>
>> P9_3->VCC
>>
>> P9_19 ->SCL
>>
>> P9_20 -> SDA
>>
>> Your P9_19 SCL and P9_20 SDA should be fine.
>>
>> Later posts suggest you can talk to you device and have shown us via W
>> Smith  the way to straighten out which bus is which.
>>
>> Clark
>> On Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:32:46 PM UTC-7, Jason Kridner wrote:

>>> specific on
>>> github
>>> PyBBIO.
>>> they
>>> /dev/i2c/i2c-x, but
>>> driver and

>>> I2C on
>>> too.
>>> radio project

>>> was
>>> Python code

>>> Black
>>> but the
>>> 3x accels
>>> it takes
>>> suggests this

>>> there
>>> is a very
>>> Linux
>>> will create
>>> there (aka

>>> /lib/modules/3.8.13/kernel/drivers/iio/imu/inv_mpu6050/inv-mpu6050.ko” and
>>> This
>>> but no

>>> I bought https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11028 and played with it
>>> briefly before being distracted and again today, but I don't
>>> understand why I'm not able to get it to reply to me.
>>>
>>> I have the following connections:
>>> VCC: P9_4 (VDD_3V3)
>>> GNC: P9_1 (GND)
>>> INT: P9_11 (GPIO)
>>> FSYNC: -
>>> SCL: P9_19 (I2C2_SCL)
>>> SDA: P9_20 (I2C2_SDA)
>>> VIO: P9_3 (VDD_3V3)
>>> CLK: -
>>> ASCL: -
>>> ASDA: -
>>>
>>> I then perform:
>>>
>>> root@beaglebone:~# i2cdetect -y -r 1
>>>      0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f