On 11/20/2013 9:30 AM, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> I enabled the virtual PRU cape using device tree overlay and
> successfully compiled and launched the blink code I found on the
> internet but I'm quite confused in finding out which GPIO pins are
> accessible/available from PRU. There are a lot of documents, specs,
> pin names, gpio offsets, pinmuxes, etc. Do I need to apply a dtbo for
> having 2xGPIO or are there already available ones that the PRU can
> access?

The PRU can control all GPIO pins, just write directly to the set and
clear registers.

If you want to see an actual I/O pin twiddle, you should export the
appropriate GPIO pin or otherwise setup the pin multiplexing and
direction register.

> I'll be controlling the PRU using PyPruss from Python. The python code
> should do this:
> 1. Send a start event and some information related flickering periods
> 2. Do something else
> 3. Send a stop signal.
> 4. Do something else and goto 1
>
> If anyone can help me on the assembly side about timing logic, I'd be
> happy. Maybe we can arrange an IRC session to talk about this.

There are many ways to create a delay.  The easiest would just be a
software loop, or you can use the IEP timer documented in the latest PRU
reference manual, or many other options.  More detail about exactly what
you're trying to do, what you've tried, and your design constraints will
probably get you more useful help.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net