Thomas,

unlike most microcontrollers, the AM335x allows the MISO/MOSI pins to be
software definable. one of the reasons behind this is to help with the pcb
layout. when designing complex boards, sometimes it is easier to have these
definable help prevent the signals having to cross during layout.

we have a wiki page that talks about setting the SPI character device
driver with some examples of defining how MISO/MOSI are mapped to the D0/D1
pins:

http://elinux.org/BeagleBone_Black_Enable_SPIDEV

Dave