Good afternoon,
I'm sorry about making a 2nd post, but I could not find my original post
anywhere and edit it. The following is the course of action that lead to
this issue.

   1. Initially, BBB was able to boot from either the on board image,
   2. Then BBB was able to boot from the SDcard image. Downloaded from
   http://beagleboard.org/latest-images (top image)
   3. Once I Pressed the Reset button, it stopped booting from the SD card
   images, but still showed the SDcard 1st partition in Windows (with the
   U-boot and MLO), I could no longer connect to it via web or ssh.
   4. Once the SD card was removed, it booted just find from NAND, I was
   able to log in
   5. After many unsuccessful attempts to re-flash this image to the SD
   card, step 3 continued to occur.
   6. I have not made any changes to what is on NAND, and I have not
   downloaded an image that automatically re-flashes NAND
   7. I tried to boot from NAND, without an SD card, and the partition does
   not appear in Windows and I cannot log in using SSH or Web. I could not see
   the COM port in terminal when plugged in via USB
   8. I figured this was an issue with 64bit windows drivers, and tried
   plugging into an Ubuntu machine,
   9. I still could not connect

What could be wrong? I did nothing at all aside from plugging and
unplugging the device and inserting and removing the SD card when the
device was unpowered.

Thanks,