Hello Robert!

What would be the equivalent to that on Debian? I also noticed that if I
boot with network cable unplugged and plugin it in after the boot, it
doesn't acquire a ip address from dhcp. I followed
http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black (worked like a charm,
than you for that!! If I did that from the very start I would've saved
myself a lot of time.) and installed debian-7.1-minimal-armhf-2013-08-25and I
think I'll stick with that. Also, how do I go about configuring the
os (where's the startup script that shows what runs on boot)? Point in the
right direction is immensely appreciated

Thanks for the support and putting up with the newb questions,

Miro