This is the best way I found to be sure that your card is completely clean
before reflashing:
Run in command line as administrator-
1. Diskpart
2. List Disk
3. Select Disk 1 (Replace 1 with number reflecting your SD Card)
4. clean
5. create partition primary
6. active
7. format fs=fat32 quick
8. assign

I use dd command in linux to make cards but if I do not run these commands
on my windows box my cards never seem to work.