Did you look here?

http://www.elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#Board_Revisions_and_Changes

*3) Moved the enable for the VDD_3V3B regulator to VDD_3V3A rail. Change
was made to reduce the delay between the ramp up of the 3.3V rails. No
evidence of this being an issue, but it really needs to be as close to the
same as possible.*

So, you have to shutdown VDD_3V3A to shutdown the VDD_3V3B.

Gerald