Yesterday I got my new BBB Rev A6. The first connection via USB* put power
to the board and BBB booted as expected. I followed the instructions on
beagleboard.org and updated to the latest software. After ~45 minutes the 4
USRx lit solid, but I couldn't turn off the board using the power button!
So I pulled the USB cable to take away power. Then my problems started: I
plugged in the USB cable and pressed the power button (more than 8 seconds)
a few times, but the BBB refused to restart! On the fourth try connecting
the USB cable and without pressing the power button the board suddenly
"woke up" and booted correctly.

I started configuring the BBB using SSH via kitty and later connected an
ethernet cable and got the desktop connection via TightVNC viewer working.
I did a proper logout (TightVNC) and issued the shutdown command via SSH
turning off the BBB. I did not disconnect the BBB from the powered USB-hub
and left it connected for the rest of the night.

This morning I failed to get the BBB wake up again: Connecting the USB
cable lights up the LED next to the power connector. Pressing the power
button for more than 8 seconds lights up all 4 USRx solid. I think the
supplied 500mA per USB port may not be enough so I connect to my USB 3.0
hub (4 ports powered by 12V and 3A). After pressing the power button all 4
USRx LEDs start blinking simultaneously. This looks like an alert signal so
I pull the USB cable immediately. Later on I switch back to my 8 port USB
2.0 hub and try again. Now not even one the 4 USRx LEDs light up!!! Then I
desperately press the reset button - nothing happens! Then I remember the
successful update process from yesterday: So I put in the SD card, press
the boot switch while powering on... of course to no avail:-(

Any ideas? I think about returning it to my vendor instead of opening an
RMA... (because this is process is quicker). Have I done something "wrong"
that caused the board to "break"?

*Connected to a powered 8 port USB hub. I unplugged all other USB devices
from this hub to insure a sufficient current. The hub is powered with 5V
and 4A.