I've been using many BBBs with Ubuntu 13.10, and I really like the
convenience of the Flasher image for installation the eMMC.

I have had lots of success with
BBB-eMMC-flasher-ubuntu-13.10-2013-10-25.img from
http://rcn-ee.net/deb/flasher/saucy/ but I have been trying today to use on
of the newer versions, but without success. I have mostly A5C boards, and
I'm using my Mac to dd the file over to the uSD card. Try as I might with
the Nov and Dec versions in that directory, only the Oct version seems to
have success. I'm watching the update via the ttyS0, and can get to the
login prompt, log in, and uname -a confirms the Kernel version. I can see
the update scripts running via px -ax, but I end up with a kernel panic in
both cases, and two solid LEDs. Based on other documentation online, that
suggests that I don't have a sufficient power supply, but that is not the
case, I'm using the 5V input with a 2A supply, and have success with the
other build.

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what the updated versions include in the kernel, I was looking
for a changelog and can't find it. I just assume, if setting up a new
system, I might as well load up the latest. I have several dozen systems
running, and I don't suppose there's a good way to just update the kernel
in place?

Thanks