> Hi,
> Thank you for that clarification.
> Does the boot modes (if altered) survive if the power is removed and
> reapplied?

Well they go back to factory default..

This is why every "flashing" guide says pull the power.. As weird
things happen when you "soft" reboot after flashing the eMMC...

> The uEnv.txt is located in the boot partition, on both eMMC and uSD card.
> What line specifies in wich order to boot?

In most cases it's more then just "one" line..

> I was wondering why the default is to first try eMMC even when an uSD card
> is detected.

Because you are over thinking it. The bootrom is "simple" and it is
setup to read the eMMC first.

Here's the boot order:

bootrom loads MLO from eMMC (if that fails it moves to microSD (hence
dd if=/dev/zero to eMMC makes booting from microSD work..)
MLO loads u-boot.img from eMMC
u-boot.img first looks at microSD for uEnv.txt, reads that file in.

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/