Hello,

I am trying to find out how to build the Rowboat 3.2 Kernel and apply it
over the latest Angstrom build in the hope to get to a working OS which
works for LCD Capes, such as the LCD4, LCD7, 4DCAPE-43T and 4DCAPE-70T

I have been told that going back to a stable 3.2 kernel may result in a
more favourable outcome, as current the touch issues present on the 3.8
Kernel almost render the capes useless.

I have been emailing Robert Nelson. Thanks very much for your help.
Just need some help to ensure I am doing it correctly, and also how I go
about getting the built kernel onto the BBB as I have never done that.

So to start with, I am going to try and use the 2014-01-03 Distribution:
http://downloads.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beaglebone/testing/

I have just installed VM Player on my PC and have Ubuntu 13.10 installed.
I am following the instructions from
here: http://elinux.org/Building_BBB_Kernel
and here:
http://wiki.beyondlogic.org/index.php/BeagleBoneBlack_Building_Kernel

Robert said to do the following bits instead:

*git clone git://gitorious.org/rowboat/kernel.gitcd kernel/git checkout
rowboat-am335x-kernel-3.2 -b tmpmake ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${CC}
am335x_evm_android_defconfigmake ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${CC} zImage
modules*

I am still working on that, but after this is complete, I am not sure what
the easiest method is to get it on the BBB or if there is anything else I
need to do?

I wanted to start this so others could also follow if they wanted to, as I
am sure I wont be the only one who has little experience with this

Thanks
Terry