Eric,

Koen Kooi was the original designer of the weather cape. the weather cape has been discontinued and no software support is planned for future releases of the example linux distribution shipped with the beaglebone black. the weather cape was initially marked as hardware incompatible because it does use a gpio as a test point that is also used by the on board eMMC used with the black.

there is no support provided for the weather cape when used with the beaglebone black....

Dave