Mike,

The recommended max input is 12V on that regulator but the absolute is
17V.  I haven't had any issues above 12V yet but I also haven't stuck it in
my car.  I've mostly been using it with 1S, 2S, and 3S LiPoly packs.  You
are correct, voltage above 15V will eventually trip the PTC but it's
nowhere near instant.

Honestly, I never thought of using the BB DC jack as an auxiliary power
port!  There is no reason that I can see for it not to work.  The max
current available from the regulator is going to depend on the input
voltage.  You won't get 2A unless you've got at least 5V coming in and the
components should handle it (but I've only drawn just under 1.5A max so
far).  In boost mode, you're limited to just over 1A around 3.7V.  If
you're looking at the TPS63060 datasheet, check out figure 2 on page 7.

I did have current measurement on the early PowerBar prototypes and I
really like the INA219.  But, I removed it for a couple of reasons.  Cost,
obviously.  Then, in order to get at the I2C2 pins I had to cover the
console port.  I did a version that "reached around" it but didn't like it
so I eventually decided to retreat from those pins all together to leave
them available for prototyping and such.

Eric,

Agreed, the PowerBar has allowed me to run from 1S, 2S, and 3S RC batteries
which is what I originally intended.  I decided to tackle the charger on
the PowerCape just because it seemed to make it much more useful.
Although, it does impose some limitations.  For example, now the DC input
power must be at least 4.4V or so in order to charge the Lithium cell.
And, your battery is limited to just 1S (3.7V nominal).  But, on the other
side the input voltage range is now greater (4-16V) since there is another
regulator in front of the buck/boost circuit.

The PowerBar does not have voltage measuring capability for form-factor
simplicity.  But, there is an INA219 on the PowerCape to monitor battery
voltage and charge/discharge current.

Here <http://andicelabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/PowerCapeP2s.png> is
a picture of the latest PowerCape prototype.  I will finish the write-up
before this weekend.

Thanks for the comments!
-Ron