Hello,

With my BBB I've been using a usb wifi device that that appears to crash
unrecoverably occasionally, but always works again if I simply unplug it
and plug it back in.

With this in mind I've been looking for ways to disable the USB host power
output and re-enable it, in order to programmatically reset any usb device
I have connected.

Looking at the BBB schematic there is a 'USB1_DRVVBUS' output from the uC
which controls the USB host 5V output. Does anyone know if it is possible
manipulate this pin as a gpio in order to disable/re-enable the 5V USB
output, or is this necessarily controlled by the USB phy, with any manual
control breaking the USB functionality.

The document spruh73h.pdf describes how after asserting the 'USB1_DRVVBUS'
output the USB phy looks for the 5V to come up, and if not detected within
100ms it flags a fault - possibly once this has been faultlessly enabled
this problem is no longer looked for - soed anyone have any idea before I
possibly start breaking things?

Regards,
Andrew Glen.