I do have the same issue. I want to use UART1 and UART4 with RTS.
It is not possible to add a modified device tree of UART4 to uEnv.txt
because it shows an error on startup. But it works when I do it manually
after the system booted up.
Additionally I can not use UART1 because I2C2 blocks the RTS pin.

Do you know a solution, Robert?