@Don & Louis

I feel really dumb L

I discovered my problem when I compared the post on this list to the
Cloud-Rocket site.

The post on this list said the desktop environment was: Ubuntu 13.10 64bit (VB).

While the ones on the Cloud-Rocket site said: Ubuntu 12.10 32bit (VMplayer)

The reason I was having so much trouble is I was trying to run a 32 bit app in
a 64 bit OS L

I built Ubuntu 12.10 32bit, and now things are rolling right along.

I have yet to compile the hello world program, but I’m getting there …..

Bill

http://www.packtpub.com/building-a-home-security-system-with-beaglebone/book