Switch to 16 bit color wating for the rock solid fix.: add
/etc/X11/xorg.conf

 Section "Screen"
     Identifier    "Default Screen"
     Monitor        "Configured Monitor"
     Device        "Configured Video Device"
     DefaultDepth    16
     SubSection "Display"
         Modes        "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "832x624"
"800x600" "720x400" "640x480"
     EndSubSection
 EndSection