Robert:

Thanks for putting this up.  I have the 2GB SD Image working and, thanks to
your easy script, was able to expand it to use my entire 8Gb SD card.
I'm sorry, but I'm still fairly new to this, so forgive me if I'm perplexed
by simple things:)

On my older Debian install, based on your eewiki from a few months ago, I
was able to add both Dallas 1wire support and also enable the ADC's by
adding the following line to uEnv.txt

optargs=capemgr.enable_partno=BB-ADC,BB-W1

I already had compiled the BB-W1-00A0.dtbo  based on HipsterCircuits blog
example, and copied it to /lib/firmware
This worked fine on the older Debian SD version
But on today's new one,  only the BB-ADC gets loaded into slot.  I also
tried only loading BB-W1, and only BB-ADC, and again, only BB-ADC works.
The thing that confuses me is that if instead, after loading BB-ADC via
uEnv.txt, I  am in /lib/firmware and issue:

echo BB-W1:00A0 > /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots
I then see that the BB-W1 overlay has been loaded and the one-wire temp
sensor works as expected.

Any clues?   Thanks

John

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:03 PM,  <smith.wi...@gmail.com <javascript:>>