Hi All,

I am trying to rule out SW issues with my BBB (HW Rev A5C) running
Angstrom.  First I am going to give a bit of background on when the issues
started and then provide dumps of crashed as seen via UART.

   1. BBB was working fine for quite some time.
   2. Then I tried to switch from wired ethernet to wireless by plugging in
   UWN200 (http://www.logicsupply.com/components/networking/wireless/uwn200/)
   while BBB was powered by DC adapter.
   3. My SSH over wired Ethernet froze.
   4. I removed the UWN200 and rebooted a device but could not longer
   connect via SSH with wired ethernet
   5. Connecting via USB (client) I could not get network connection
   to 192.168.7.2 either.  As I realized later I did not even have usb0 listed
   when running ifconfig
   6. At this point I connected via UART
   7. I could see that the kernel was crashing with NULL pointer
   dereference Oops
   8. Every few restarts it would get past this oops
   9. I shutdown BBB and looked to upgrade to latest Angstrom a few days
   later, thinking maybe I am just a lucky one to hit a real bug in the kernel
   10. I downloaded the following
   image
https://s3.amazonaws.com/angstrom/demo/beaglebone/BBB-eMMC-flasher-2013.09.04.img.xz

   into SD card
   11. BBB was booted from SD by holding the boot button.
   12. Flashing process was problematic, it took a few reboots (about) from
   SD card for eMMC flashing to complete (4 solid LEDs) without kernel Oopsing
      - One of the Oopses was odd as it was for "invalid instruction"

To me this feels like a HW problem due to failures manifesting themselves
in different ways. Segfaults in the apps, NULL pointer dereferences in the
kernel, Soft CPU lockups.  But I would like to rule out a user error.

Few observations:

   - I have run mtest from uboot without any errors being detected
   - Same for memtester
   - Pressing rest button does not always reboot the device. Sometimes
   holding power button down is the only way to reboot the BBB. But sometimes
   it works just fine.
   - For a few reboots accessing BBB via HTTP would causes kernel Oopses.
    Trying it out just now and it worked just fine

The below is done post flashing to the latest angstrom:

   - systemd once segfaulted during boot: http://pastebin.com/YFuxNs8e
   - some times system boots just fine: http://pastebin.com/7HynL8H7
   - "opkg upgrade" consistently segfaults
   - "opkg install strace" consistently segfaults

Any suggestions on what I can do to narrow down the root cause of the issue
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Vladimir