Hello All

After a long 'fight' I was able to figure out that the config files for the
Angstrom package manager are looking into a wrong URL.

The wrong Angstrom images are the Cloud9 ones (and the 'demo' as well as):

Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-eglibc-ipk-v2011.11-core-beagleboard-2011.11.21.img.gz
Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-eglibc-ipk-v2011.11-core-beagleboard.rootfs.tar.bz2

The conf files in '/etc/opkg' are set to: - src/gz base
http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/*core*/ipk/eglibc/armv7a/base
- but there is no 'armv7a' under '/core/ipk/eglibc', so it comes with a 404
error

I have downloaded and compared the conf files in all images and my guess is
that instead of 'core' it should be 'v2012.05' - I've change all my conf
files and voila. (conf files in '/etc/opkg').

It would be good if someone from the support team could confirm that that
is the correct repository for Cloud9-xM, but after comparing all
possibilities I guessed that to be the one.

So to fix, and start using your Beagleboard-xM using the Cloud9 image you
need to go to '/etc/opkg' and all the files (except arch.conf) and replace
'core' with 'v2012.05' - and then 'opkg update' will work, hopefully, and
you'll be able to upgrade the packages, etc, etc

PS I tried to find a way to feedback the Angstrom team but I was
unsuccessful, id=f someone knows how to contact them please tell me and
I'll do it.

Best,

Joe Rosa