On Friday, February 7, 2014 8:41:25 AM UTC-5, RobertCNelson wrote:

> * Custom image: Building a customized version of the beagleboard.org image
>>
>> I don't have any personal plans to do that yet.  If you look closely, all
> the frontend scripts do is create a ".project" file and call
> ./RootStock-NG.sh... If you want to make something universal generic, go
> ahead.. All generic options should end up in the main chroot call with
> "enable" options passed thru .project and anything  target specific should
> end up under target/

There's still a fair bit of stuff that goes on for the prep of the core &
flasher images as well the chroot script(s) that would otherwise need to be
cloned or customized.  I like the way you have the NNN.* scripts in
machinekit/scripts, right now it just runs them in order, but a
"config.myimage" script could specify a list of these chroot actions.  For
example, I don't need any of the X11 stuff, nor any of the
bonescript/nodejs, but I do want system_patches(), unsecure_root() etc. and
I also have a custom .deb to install the userside app for the cape (and a
few other minor bits & pieces).

It looks like the machinekit stuff is close!  but it's not clear how it's
invoked (I do see the function in releases.sh and the config.machinekit)
... is there a separate script (or branch) to run a machinekit build?

Thanks!