The hub I'm looking at is $30.  I could also get a usb 3 Y cable which
would cost less.  I'm wondering
if having a hub would be useful in the long run.  I suppose I could get it
later if I need to.

http://goo.gl/1Uxspx
http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Adapter-firmware-backwards-compatibility/dp/B008ZGKWQI