On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM, <godsfsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have compiled the latest debian kernel using instructions I found on
> another post:
>
> git clone git://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev.git
> cd linux-dev/
> git checkout origin/am33x-v3.8 -b tmp
> ./build_kernel.sh
>
> The build is complete. I can't figure out how or which file I need to use
> to flash it to the eMMC. If I try to run ./tools/install_kernel.sh it tells
> me "Please update MMC variable in system.sh", which I did:
> "MMC=/dev/mmcblk1"
> mmcblk1 corresponds to my emmc. Any thoughts?

Come on guys! Is the "eMMC" local to the install script, no... Aka unless
the install script is physcally "running" on the beaglebone?? Then, duh,
there is NO way for the "./tools/install_kernel.sh" to flash the eMMC..

Copy the zImage/modules/dtbs yourself to the eMMC and install them in the
appropriate place..

/boot/uboot/zImage
/boot/uboot/dtbs/

/lib/modules/