*The web socket doesn't run the app, the app is always running, probably
started as a daemon from the init system, and accepts messages from the web
socket. Therefore there is no direct execution of a setuid binary from the
web interface.*
Yeah sorry. My failed attempt at shorthand "speak". IPC app of sorts is
what I meant. Whether nodejs, C/C++, or whatever.

I think I do get the other point though. It is not what other people  can
do with your app that is intentional. It is what others may be  able to do
with your app unintentionally( perhaps intentional exploitation on their
behalf, but  something "you" did not foresee ).