From:  Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com>
Date:  Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 6:26 AM
To:  Beagle Board <beagleboard@googlegroups.com>
Subject:  Re: [beagleboard] Xenomai master -> BBB RCNelson 3.13-bone5 kernel
patches

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 8:12 AM, David Lewin <dlewin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This doens't work neither :
>> * git clone https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/linux-dev
>> *
>> * git checkout --track -b 3.8.13-bone39-xenomai
>> git status :
>> # On branch 3.8.13-bone39-xenomai
>> nothing to commit (working directory clean)
>>
>> * ./build_kernel.sh :
>> generates a  3.11.0-rc1-armv7-d1.zImage
>
> Lets... see..
>
> https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/linux-dev/blob/3.8.13-bone39-xenomai/version
> .sh#L32
>
> branch/tag: 3.8.13-bone39-xenomai
> build: BUILD=bone39
>
> Just checkout the branch like a normal user.
>
> * git clone https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/linux-dev
> * git checkout origin/3.8.13-bone39-xenomai -b some_local_temp_branch_name
Hi Robert,

This would be the easiest solution, but Charles doesn¹t always keep up to
date with your latest patches. Last I checked, Charles was still at bone36
when you were at bone41. The way I do this is to checkout both your
linux-dev and Charles linux-dev and then use BeyondCompare to update your
repo with the xenomai changes from Charles repo. I only have to do this once
and thereafter, I simply pull from your updates and I get the latest
updates.

I understand that I should be able to track both repos using GIT, and get
updates from both, but I don¹t know how to do this.

Regards,
John