I am looking to control three SSR's
(datasheet<http://www.fotek.com.tw/pdf/etc_34.pdf>).
I have tried directly hooking them up to the BB, but only one of them will
actually switch when the GPIO pin is set to high. The datasheet says the
trigger current is 7.5mA / 12 V (max 3-32V). I obviously need to augment
the voltage and/or current, so I ordered a ULN2003. This is spec'd to do a
max 500mA current (per driver) and 50V. I have tried to get a little basic
understanding of the darlington array, but I can't figure out a few things:

   1. For these SSRs' input voltage, I can't go over 32V. Does the input
   voltage on the ULN2003 match the output voltage?
   2. If I were able to use the BB's 3.3V pin as the input voltage, would
   there be enough current to trigger the SSR?
   3. How many channels on the ULN could I power if I used the 3.3V on the
   BB? As I understand, the GPIO are not for sourcing current.

Another option (what makes the most sense to me) is using the BB's 5V power
supply for both the BB and the ULN2003. I don't know where that puts the
output voltage (question #1). The BBB docs suggest 2A supply if you are
running a USB peripheral. I have a WiFi USB dongle being used. The supply
is rated at 2A. According to my Kill-a-watt, I don't see a draw of over
100mA. It draws 70-80mA at idle/load. I'm not sure if you can use the
kill-a-watt as the amperage draw though?

Thanks