From: Mark Zeilenga
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:28 PM
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: [beagleboard] BBB Hardware Modifications

I have a potential application for a device like the BBB but it needs a few
changes.  I'm a software guy so I don't know if they are minor design changes
or major.  I work as an OEM in the manufacturing world.  Most devices I deal
with are 24v.  So how difficult would it be do redesign the BBB to have the
following:

1. 24v power source
2. 24v I/O
3. 1 to 2gb RAM

I assume a nice cape could also be designed to bring the I/O into nice screw
terminals too.

I understand the BBB was not intended for this but it seems a pretty good
starting point and I just wanted to know the feasability and potential cost of
doing something like this.

Mark