I can now confirm that my PCB supplier has now successfully fitted
connectors P8, P8 and I have taken delivery of my first-off sample.
Gerald, are you able to point me to some instructions on how I get my
"virgin" beagleboardblack up and running?
I have tried using an SD card with a known good android image but this does
not work, the error I get from hyperterminal is:

U-Boot SPL 2011.09 (Nov 27 2013 - 10:43:10)

Chipsee AM335x EVM Board

Incorrect magic number in EEPROM

read_eeprom() failure. continuing with ddr3

OMAP SD/MMC: 0

mmc_send_cmd: timedout waiting for cmddis!

** Can't read from device 0 **

spl: fat register err - -1

### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

I'm not surprised that it doesn't yet work because there must be some
programming/setup to be done on the board itself before it will operate and
this hasn't yet been done.

I think I may have to program the E2..?

Could you help me with that procedure please?