USB is via the USB host connector as it does not appear on the expansion
headers. You will need a USB hub as that is the best way to connect the
camera as well.

You don't need level shifting as long as all your voltages are 3.3V.

Serial requires the TX,RX so any of the serial ports on the headers can be
used.

Gerald