Hi,

I am running the RobertCNelson's Ubuntu image with 3.8.13-bone40.1 kernel.
 The device is a BBB "clone" with LCD to VGA hookup via ADV7125 video
encoder.   Should be somewhat roughly equivalent to an LCD cape.  The
customer requirement was to support DVI-I, so analog output was needed to
satisfy.

It seems that by default there is no signal on the LCD pins, only the HDMI.
 I tried disabling the HDMI drivers, and enabling one of the LCD7 overlays
(they don't seem to be able to co-exist, one must be disabled for the other
to be enabled):

kms_force_mode=video=LVDS-1:1024x768M@60
optargs=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G,BB-BONELT-HDMIN
capemgr.enable_partno=BB-UART1,BB-I2C1,BB-BONE-LCD7-01:00A2:8

This seems to somewhat work (the VGA monitor gets signal), except there is
support for *800x480* resolution only:

# xrandr -d :0
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 800 x 480, maximum 2048 x 2048
LVDS-0 connected 800x480+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm
x 0mm
   800x480        61.5*+

Is there a default setting I can change to allow for a wider range of
resolutions?  Do I have to load an LCD cape overlay, or can I simply enable
the LCD output by not loading the HDMI drivers?  Can I affect/force another
resolution?

Thanks!