Hey folks, first time poster here, having some trouble getting my BBB to
boot.

Here's the story - I was previously booting fine and connecting to the bone
with both serial and ssh over the network. Then I installed OctoPrint, a 3d
printing controller. All was well, then installed mjpg-streamer and tested
- also working fine. Basically I then powered everything off and went home.
Now it won't boot - it will blink a little and then the lights go out. It
won't power on at all until I unplug power and try again, when it does the
same.

In the mean time I did image LinuxCNC MachineKit onto an SD card, and it
will boot from that - so I can get into the board, but the onboard boot
seems hosed. I'm used to working with Arduino, where you just yank th eplug
when you're done - this seems more sensitive and I guess my lack of orderly
shutdown (I actually don't even know how to do that yet :-)  ) something
went wrong.

Any suggestions for how to repair the boot? I guess I could reimage it but
then I don't exactly know how to do that on the eMMC either. Is it
generally considered a good idea to move away from Angstrom?