Yeah, I was thinking about something like this.  But since I am making a
video controller overlay, it is better if it had been loaded at kernel
initialization, and not as part of the init scripts.  I'd like the display
to be available to show some kernel startup.  So I will either just
overwrite the cape-bone-dvi-00A0.dts with my own stuff (and make a custom
Sunhillo-only patch), or will add a new overlay to
KERNEL/firmware/Makefile.

It seems that a lot of people got confused by this issue (long discussion
here <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/beagleboard/Iem_mHknIUM/discussion>).
 The problem is, the available documentation for 3.8 kernel seems to imply
that the /lib/firmware overlay files are available for startup load, so it
would be helpful if qualification was added.