On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM, cmicali <chris.mic...@sagedevices.com>wrote:

> We have been prototyping on beaglebone black for about a year and are
> building a custom AM335x board for our product.  We plan on using the
> WL18xx WIFI/BLE chip and a few other TI peripherals.  I have been assuming
> we will have to use the older 2.6?

Looks like the *current* SDK uses a 3.2 kernel:
http://www.ti.com/tool/linuxezsdk-sitara

> TI-supported linux instead of the 3.8-bone kernel we're using now..  any
> recommendations on this?  Does TI have a newer linux distribution that is
> supported?  Is 3.12 ready?

I'm aware of
http://git.ti.com/ti-linux-kernel/ti-linux-kernel/commits/ti-linux-3.12.yas
well as
https://github.com/beagleboard/kernel/tree/3.12. I hear that it is slated
for Sitara SDK 7.0 soon, but I am not aware of any published plans. You can
track meta-ti to see some of it, but I haven't found all of the SDKs
publicly yet.

For community development work around BeagleBoard.org, 3.12 has largely
been abandoned in favor of 3.13. You can find lots of posts on this list
regarding people's experience with it.