c...@isbd.net wrote:
> Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Should this work or doesn't the Ubuntu image enable the ethernet? Or
> > > doesn't it do a proper search for DHCP server etc.?
> >
> > It's setup to get an ip from an dhcp.. So try..
> >
> > (eth)
> > ssh ubuntu@arm
> > ssh ubuntu@arm.local
> >
> > (usb)
> > ssh ubuntu@192.168.7.2
> >
> > or look at your router and find the ip it was given..
> >
> It's not appearing on my network at all, I use nscan or arp-scan to
> see what's there as I have quite a lot of things (like a Raspberry Pi,
> an Onkyo receiver and some printers) which aren't always that easy to
> find.
>
> I'm beginning to think I may have a bad micro SD card because it came
> back with some errors when I tried to read it using the card reader on
> my desktop system.
>
> I've ordered some new micro SD cards which will hopefully arrive
> tomorrow, this can wait until then.

Yes, it was a bad micro SD card.  It all worked smoothly from start to
finish with the new cards which arrived today - as described at:-

    http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu#Saucy_13.10

I now have Ubuntu 13.10 on my BBB which makes me very happy because I
use the same on my desktop, laptop and servers here too.  :-)

--
Chris Green
ยท