Thanks for noticing my post.

I wasn't suggesting that the BeagleBone design needs to be changed.  I
shared my experience to show that the Beaglebone design allows for a
semi-competent hardware hacker to make nuance changes to solve a particular
problem if one is willing to risk a modest investment.  Isn't solving
problems part of the fun?

I have experienced no problems since I changed *the **polymeric positive
temperature coefficient** device (PPTC, commonly known as a resettable
fuse).*  It doesn't look kluged or hacked.  All internally measured
voltages and temperatures remain nominal.
My old VGA monitor has a new purpose