Hello all. The title just about says it all but here are details. I have a
python script which uses a few UARTs and some GPIO. It uses the  Adafruit
UART/BBIO/etc. libraries. It is run on startup using systemctrl services
where I have it set as Type=idle in the service definition in order to
force this script to run after all services are set up. This script works
fine and my UART works great when I boot with Ethernet. If on the other
hand I boot with no Ethernet plugged in as I intend to do, the program runs
fine except for odd behavior on the UART. The rx of the UART works fine and
my program receives and logs incoming bytes. But the Tx appears to be dead.
It will not transmit. Python's PySerial write function returns that it
wrote the amount of bytes it should have but nothing comes out the port.
This happens 9 out 10 boots. The only perfect fix is to boot with ethernet
plugged in. Any ideas?

Using a stock BBB with Angstrom Linux.