I'm a little confused...

FYI I'm running ArchLinux on BBB, but I get this error:

> cat $SLOTS
 0: 54:PF---
 1: 55:PF---
 2: 56:PF---
 3: 57:PF---
 4: ff:P-O-L Bone-LT-eMMC-2G,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G
 5: ff:P-O-L Bone-Black-HDMI,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONELT-HDMI

> echo BB-uART4-00A0 > $SLOTS
-bash: echo: write error: No such file or directory

$SLOTS is an environmental variable pointing to
/sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots

I'm not sure how I can cat $SLOTS, see what I expect, but then not be able
to output to it?!

I'm sure it's something silly - I just can't figure it out :S