On Friday, March 21, 2014 8:32:48 AM UTC-6, RobertCNelson wrote:

> voodoo@am335x-boneblack-512mb-0:~$ cpufreq-info
> cpufrequtils 008: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
> Report errors and bugs to cpu...@vger.kernel.org <javascript:>, please.
> analyzing CPU 0:
>   driver: generic_cpu0
>   CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0
>   CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
>   maximum transition latency: 300 us.
>   hardware limits: 300 MHz - 1000 MHz
>   available frequency steps: 300 MHz, 600 MHz, 800 MHz, 1000 MHz
>   available cpufreq governors: conservative, ondemand, userspace,
> powersave, performance
>   current policy: frequency should be within 300 MHz and 1000 MHz.
>                   The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
>                   within this range.
>   current CPU frequency is 300 MHz.
>   cpufreq stats: 300 MHz:43.76%, 600 MHz:0.00%, 800 MHz:0.57%, 1000
> MHz:55.67%  (6)

Robert,

When using your Debian beta image, I always get 300 MHz as the current CPU
frequency for the cpufreq-info command, both at idle and under load. I also
get nan% for all the entries on the cpufreq stats line at the end. I see
that you are getting real percentages there.

As I noted earlier, I believe the speed is changing and cpufreq-info -w
shows the correct values when idle and under load, 300 MHz and 1000 MHz.

Any idea why I am seeing these strange values, in particular the nan%
values?