On 21/03/14 21:00, dlheste...@gmail.com wrote:
>  I was just about to write the BB view off when I gave it one more go with
> the latest angstrom image.
>
> I will let you know the image name when I get home and check the BBB.

The TI-SDK & Angstrom images from
http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/single-board_computers/next-gen_beaglebone?ICID=single-board-topbanner-beagleblack
 work just fine.

Official beagleboard.org Angstrom images, or Roberts Debian images won't work
without some intervention.

The reasons for this are fairly simple:

First is that the touch screen is wired differently and a patch to the driver
is needed.
Second, if you're using device tree overlays you'll need the right one for your
kernel and you'll need to add some stuff to uEnv.txt to tell capemgr not to
load the HDMI virtual capes and to load the BB-View overlay instead.  The
BB-View doesn't have an eeprom, so capemgr doesn't know the cape exists without
help.
Lastly, there appears to be a red/green colour swap problem in Xorg

There's a good discussion of getting it working with Roberts Debian images here
http://www.element14.com/community/thread/31051/l/how-to-bb-view-on-latest-debian
 including the necessary kernel patch.