Jumping in a little late perhaps but my concern is slightly relevant to the
discussion here.

Nelson desribes the boot order:

bootrom loads MLO from eMMC (if that fails it moves to microSD)
MLO loads u-boot.img from eMMC
u-boot.img first looks at microSD for uEnv.txt, reads that file in.

I'd like to reverse that last step and make it to default to uEnv.txt from
the eMMC.

But I have no idea how to modify u-boot.img. What should I be reading?

Or is there a u-boot.img that exists already that will allow me to boot off
of the eMMC even if the flasher uSD is present (which I understand is the
HW default)?

Thanks,
Louis