Hi.  I bought BBB A6A new, 1 month ago.  It worked OK out-of-the-box.
I power it from the USB from a windows laptop and poke around with a
browser.  No problems.
I soldered on the proper JTAG header very carefully and now it is dead.
The Power LED lights up, but nothing else happens.
I am handy with electronics, programming and linux.
What can I do to troubleshoot the BBB?
Is there a DIY procedure?
I did not reflash the eMMC or a SDcard.

thanks............dd