Someone with greater knowledge may know different, but I suspect you will
be breaking the USB spec if you do this. Power is part of what is expected
on those connectors. However, if all you are using the USB connector for is
power (like a phone charger) there is probably no real downside.

I have not checked the schematic (you should), but I don't think there is
any way to do this unless you put your own control circuitry between the
USB out and your device.