Hello everyone,

I began a startup project with my co-founder after realizing that I did not
want to get up at 6 am everyday to feed my new cat that I got few months
ago. Also, my co-founder recently got a dog and he did not want to worry
about feeding his dog when he went out for drinks and social events during
Fridays and weekends.

So, we designed an automated smart pet feeder with a camera, which is
controlled through an Android app. I began building it last October with
Raspberry Pi as the main brain of the machine for our first prototype. But,
after much research, I quickly switched over to the Beaglebone for more
GPIOs and various other pins, developer friendly communities and suppliers,
etc.

The machine consists of the following things:

- Beaglebone (programmed in C/C++)
- Home etched circuit board with x4 RGB LEDs
- Servo motors to control the dispensing and the amount as well
- IR sensors to indicate the internal food storage level
- One camera facing forward and one camera showing the bowl

We have finished our second prototype and we will be Kickstarting in April.

Please check us out at getnibbles.com for a quick demo and more info! Your
feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support!