On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Charles Steinkuehler
> <char...@steinkuehler.net> wrote:
>> On 3/27/2014 3:26 PM, Robert Nelson wrote:
>>> Thanks to everyone for testing the beta images!
>>>
>>> In this last last week window I've rolled in many of your changes.
>>>
>>> So please continue to use the bug tracker:
>>> http://bugs.elinux.org/projects/debian-image-releases
>>
>> I haven't been able to get the elinux bug tracker to let me post
>> anything, so forgive me for posting a few comments here.  These are from
>> the 3/19 image, so I apologize if any have been addressed, and they
>> mostly fall under "personal preference" rather than actual bugs.
>>
>> * I like to add console=tty0 so startup kernel messages go to both the
>> serial console and to the HDMI screen, if connected.  While less
>> information is displayed with systemd than previously, if the kernel
>> hangs for some reason at boot this could avoid the need for a serial
>> cable which a lot of people won't have.
>
> I think i'm going to enable this too..
>
>> * Given the target audience, I would add a terminal short-cut on the
>> application launch bar next to the web browser.  It's not hard to get to
>> on the menu, but that's one of the first changes I made to the 3/19 image.
>
> Sounds like a nice addon, do you have an example i can pull in?
>
>> * I'm not sure who made the black desktop background, but I find it
>> horrid (just the black part...the beagle is cute!) and would much rather
>> see something lighter.  I'm not aware of any other GUI environment that
>> ships with a black background as default, and out of all the
>> professional programmers I know, only one uses this sort of color scheme.
>
> I stole it from the Angstrom image. We just got to be careful, as it's
> only 16bit, so some colors combos look odd.

If we need a new source image, you can go to
http://beagleboard.org/media and check out the images there.

The high-res logo is
http://beagle.s3.amazonaws.com/logo/beagle_logo_FNL_2_cmyk.eps.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone took the vector image of
http://beagleboard.org/static/uploads/BorisTux_w_Logo.png and combined
it with the Debian logo in some way to make a nice scalable backdrop
that looks like Debian. I also think the black background looks nice.